Bill Middleton, CFA
First VP, Chief Investment Officer
Bill Middleton joined Citizens Bank & Trust in 2008. He is a First Vice President and Portfolio Manager with the Trust and Investment Services Division of the bank. Responsible for the asset management of the division, he has considerable experience in most facets of wealth management, including investment, financial, and estate planning and implementation. Bill’s primary expertise is in economic analysis and the design and management of investment portfolios to meet the unique circumstances of his clients and their families.
Prior to joining Citizens Bank & Trust, Bill spent more than 16 years with SunTrust Bank as a senior portfolio manager and business development officer. He also served on the Fiduciary Investment Committee for SunTrust Bank. Formerly, Bill worked in the trust division and securities affiliate of Citizens and Southern National Bank, now part of Bank of America, and with the brokerage firm Smith Barney.
Bill is well-suited for a career in finance and is fascinated by economic history, contemporary economic systems, corporate strategy, and the unique political, economic, and moral-cultural ethos that leads to wealth creation in some nations and poverty and stagnation in others.
Bill was born in northern Ohio, raised in southern Florida, and resides in Lakeland with his wife of more than 25 years. He has two adult sons and one daughter and in his spare time, Bill enjoys family activities, an active lifestyle, and participating at his church.
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFA Institute
- CFA Society of Tampa Bay
- The Estate Planning Council of Polk County
- BA in Social Psychology from Florida Atlantic University
- MBA from Florida Atlantic University
- Masters of Financial Services from The College for Financial Planning
- Post-graduate (Ph.D.) coursework in General Business from Virginia Tech
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from the CFA Institute
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) from The College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC) from The College for Financial Planning
- Graduate of The Ed Scott IRA Success Program from The American College of Financial Services
Our Mobile Banking Services provide 24/7 access to your Citizens Bank & Trust accounts through your tablet or smartphone. This gives you the ability to conveniently pay your bills, check your balances, make transfers, deposit checks and much more while on the go.