What do I do now?
At a time when your family has suffered a tremendous loss, they should not have to worry about your affairs and settling your estate. Rather, they should be allowed time to properly grieve for you and reflect on all the wonderful experiences they shared with you during your lifetime.
At Citizens Bank & Trust, we are dedicated to relieving your family and loved ones of this tremendous burden. Our trust and investment professionals have over 40 years of experience in administering and settling estates and estate-related matters. We are uniquely qualified to deliver the comprehensive services needed to handle your estate in a timely and efficient manner. Whether we serve as your Personal Representative with responsibility for all of your estate matters, or as the assisting agent for a family member or individual of your choosing, we are ready to help.
Don’t wait until it is too late to get your estate affairs in order. Call one of our trust professionals today to discuss how we can be of service to you and your family. INTEGRITY. SECURITY. EXCELLENCE. This is what you can expect from Citizens Bank & Trust.
Creating a Better Way of Life.
Are you aware of the myriad duties involved in settling an estate?
The following is a partial list:
- Locate and file your Last Will and Testament with the local court.
- File required probate documents with the court.
- Locate, inventory, custody, close and transfer personal assets/accounts.
- Appraise and value all assets.
- Pay debts and expenses associated with your last illness and funeral.
- Ascertain and notify all known creditors of your estate.
- Make payments to creditors, discharge obligations and obtain creditor releases.
- Process and receive life insurance death benefits.
- Secure personal residence and tangible personal property.
- File appropriate tax returns (federal and state) and make appropriate tax elections.
- Pay estate taxes and final personal income taxes.
- Ensure proper funding of marital and family trusts.
- Provide professional investment management during the entire estate administration.
- Obtain tax releases and closing letters from local courts; the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Make specific bequests, as well as partial and final distributions, to your beneficiaries (including packing and shipping of tangible personal property).
- Provide complete detailed accounting to the local court and estate beneficiaries.
Don’t Saddle Your Loved Ones With This Responsibility At A Time When They Are Grieving! We Will Shepherd Your Family Through The Process With Sensitivity And Compassion.
Corporate & Individual Fiduciary
Advantages of a Corporate Fiduciary over an Individual Fiduciary:
- An individual may not have the time and/or skill to manage your estate.
- An individual may not have a good working knowledge of tax and legal issues.
- An individual may not have investment knowledge.
- An individual may not be located in your geographical area.
- An individual may become incapacitated, or die.
- An individual may not be comfortable settling disputes among family members.
- An individual may become personally liable for errors, omissions or falsifications.
Advantages of working with Citizens Bank & Trust:
- Local administration, regardless of account size.
- Personal attention, & regular consistent communications with your family regarding the estate administration.
- The same trust administrator who works with you will continue to serve your family after you are gone.
- Our trust officers have an average of 20 years’ experience in settling estate-related matters.
- No hidden costs.
- Seamless coordination with your legal and tax professionals.
- We make house calls.
- Total objectivity, as we do not have proprietary products or charge commissions.
- We keep your personal, financial and family information confidential.
- We do not charge soft dollars on trades.